Friday, November 28, 2014

Employed Husbands Are Happier

I'ma kine update jus'a little. Just a quick look at a few days past up to the present. Wit a sneak peak at our Christmas decorations!

So, I, Stephen, finally have a job. Is it a glamorous job? No. Is it a job where I do not come home smelling of gasoline and possibly fish? No. But, is it a job? Yes. So, there's that. Sadly, this means less weekend time to spend with Deanna (for now, as I am holding out the hope that I will be able to land a better mo' payin' job with regular M-F 9-5 type-ish working days/hours).. but for now, it lets us save us more moolas and do more things, and maybe go more places, see more things. So. Yay! Long story short, after much paper work, etc, I am an MWR Assistant at the Marine Base up at K-Bay (Kaneohe).. it's 8-5, weekends mandatory, technically "on-call" but for now while they are busy, full-time. Essentially, if someone rents a kayak, I help them get a kayak, if someone rents a pontoon boat, I help them embark, and subsequently help them dock when they return. Then fuel up boats, fill bags of ice. Stack chairs. Defrost frozen squid and put into baggies to sell as bait (this is how my hands might smell fishy).. yup, that's my new job.

So, Thanksgiving came and went, while I definitely miss being able to see the families. I am thankful that we have made some friends, and had our own little Thanksgiving feast. There was a nice spread of food and good peeps to hang with (and subsequently play hearts with). Oh, and we did it all at the beach, which, yes, included Apple pie in beach chairs looking out at the ocean. Yea, you're jealous. No sense in denying it. =P However, as great as it was, we will have to make a trip stateside to see familiar relations. Hopefully, that's one of those things that my aforementioned job will help us be able to do (and any subsequent, mo' betta job).



 I decided to throw in some obligatory cat picks for those of you who like cats. These are basically pictures that were taken to send as a random text message to Deanna during the day, to either brighten her day (if maybe it was not going so well) or just to make her go "aww" and fawn over how cute we think the kitties are. So, enjoy! YOU KNOW YOU WILL THINK THE KITTIES ARE CUTE, THERE IS NO SENSE IN RESISTING, IT IS FUTILE


Oh, a nice picture of our spread of food.












So, today when I got off of work (that's nice to say for once, it's been a while!), we bummed down to the Whole Foods, got some quick grub walked back and ate our dinner. We then sat around with a whole big "WTF" hangin' over our heads trying to figure out just what to do. Finally we just decided what the heck? Let's just get in the Christmas spirit! Cranked the Christmas jams on Spotify and got ourselves all festive with the tree and lights. So, here is our work. Who's coming to Hawai'i for Christmas? The tree is ready! See you soon?!?!
Getting ready to put ornaments on the tree!

Wrapped the trees outside and hung some garland

Is it?!?!

Welp. That's pretty much it. We have other things going on this weekend, however, I will leave that for Deanna to blog about in the next few days. 

Mahalo for letting me talk story at you. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment